HEY CLEVELANDERS! We all know that us Clevelanders LOVE our food. Luckily for us, there’s a great event coming up next week where you can find over 30 of CLE’s best restaurants in one room!
The 16th Annual Cleveland Magazine Silver Spoon Awards Party will take place on Thursday, May 13th at the InterContinental Hotel, Cleveland. This event is a strolling food and wine tasting event that benefits the Arthritis Foundation, Northeastern Ohio Chapter.
- Aladdin’s Eatery: Mujadara and hummus with pita
- Angelo’s Pizza: Pizza
- Bar Cento/Bier Market: Potato & wild ramp soup, paired with Belgium bier
- Bubba’s-Q World Famous Bar-B-Q & Catering: Smoked TurQey and ribs
- Chinato: VIP: Seafood Supplí with Tomato Sauce; Main room: Raddichio Pasticcio
- Corky & Lenny’s: Rugellach
- Downtown 140: Assortment of cheeses & house made crackers; filled salted chocolated almond cookies
- Eat’n Park: Strawberry pie and smiley cookies
- fire food & drink: Bhuna gosht served over Jeera rice with Kakdi,Tamafan Raita.
- Great Lakes Brewing Co.: Signature bread pudding and samples of a variety of GLBC beer
- Hot Sauce Williams: Ribs, pork shoulder, cherry cobbler, cabbage, coleslaw & baked beans
- Hyde Park Prime Steaks: Roasted tenderloin with au gratin potatoes, port wine reduction and truffle froth
- L’Albatros: VIP: Shrimp Mousseline wrapped in Savoy Cabbage with herb Butter; Main room: Pied de cochon, pickled vegetables and Bearnaise Aioli
- Lola: VIP: Cirtus donuts, artisnal Ohio cheese custard with sweet onion, “ham & egg” bisquits, milk chocolate & Ohio honey truffle
- Mint Café: Chicken & vegetable pad thai, chicken & vegetable red curry
- Pacific East Coventry: Sushi
- Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar: Rum glazed pork cubano; slow roasted pork shoulder served with bacon black bean and coconut rice topped with fresh pico de gallo
- Parallax: VIP: Almond Gaspacho with Seared Sea Scallops; Main room: Parallax Sushi Sampler
- Pearl of the Orient: Grilled prawns pad Thai on skewer
- Pier W: Basil grilled petit lobster tail; Hollandaise Mousseline
- Red, The Steakhouse: Thyme and fennel roasted Certified Angus Beef Filet, soft falls mills polenta, shaved fennel salad
- Saffron Patch: Chicken tikka masala, shrimp tikka, samosa, saffron rice, chenna masala
- Sans Souci: Twelve hour duck confit, ravioli tomato gastric
- Shuhei Japanese Cuisine and Sushi Bar: Sushi
- Sweet Melissa’s: Assorted desserts: triple chocolate tarte, red velvet, carrot, casatta, tiramisu, etc…
- Table 45: VIP: Braised Phillipino Pork and jasmine rice; Main room: Laughing Bird Shrimp Salad
- The Greenhouse Tavern: VIP: House made ravioli and steamed clams
- Tucky’s: Hot dogs with specialty toppings
- Ty Fun Thai Bistro: Kai kra pow; Vegetable tofu green curry; steamed rice
- VegiTerranean: Bruschetta bar & mini vegan pastries
You can check out more details about the event on the Arthritis Foundation’s blog. There’s quite the collection of live and silent auction items, including an opportunity to go to a taping of Iron Chef America! You have to be invited to attend a taping of the show, so that is quite the experience for a very lucky bidder to win!
Rumor has it that VIP Lounge tickets are sold out, but you can still buy general admission passes!
Which of these restaurants or menu items would you be most interested in trying? I’m giddy about Parallax’s offerings!