I was awarded the Beautiful Blogger award by Lee over at In My Tummy. Thanks girl!
As a receipent of this award, I’m supposed to share seven facts about myself. Here we go:
1) I’m seriously in love with yoga right now. Specifically HOT yoga. I just signed up for an unlimited monthly pass at a studio called Nishkama Yoga. Their instructors SERIOUSLY know what they are doing. It’s amazing to have someone correct you during the class – who knew I was putting my feet too far apart in downward dog this entire time?! Today, while I was in wheel pose, the instructor took a yoga strap, thread it thru my back bend, then assisted me to be able to STAND UP to a full standing pose, then BACK BEND back down into wheel! I was AMAZED.
2) Lululemon Athletica is my new fashion statement of choice. I hit up their local showroom the other day – the manager there was so incredibly helpful. Note to self: I really need to find a job where I can wear yoga/running gear all day long.
3) Hans and I celebrated our ten year mark at the end of December 2009. We were “high school sweethearts”. However, I HATE that saying – it’s the non-romantic in me, I’m so not a girly girl in that way. Luckily for me, Hans is the romantic type: he has sent roses to work for me on every birthday and our anniversary since getting married. The ladies at my old job used to joke and say, “when are the flowers arriving?”. I would reply “FedEx delivers in the afternoon”.
4) I start my new job on Monday the 11th. I’ll be organizing large scale events for a local non-profit. The smallest event will have a guest count of at least 1000 people. The closer I get, the more excited I get, but am still nervous/anxious.
5)I am slowly getting comfortable with entertaining at my house. After hosting Christmas and having a few “dinner parties” this week, I’m looking forward to having people over more often. I have a feeling our backyard will be seeing quite the few “BBQ Saturdays” this summer! Let’s just hope my grill still works when the snow thaws!
6) I think my golden retriever has picked up some of my nervous habits/anxiety. He’s super jumpy – the snow plows going down our road this past week have made it rough on the poor fuzz. He needs to spend more time in upward dog pose!
7) I have a serious travel bug. In 2009, I traveled to Hawaii in February, London and Paris in May, Florida and the Bahamas in November, and Chicago in December. How have I afforded this: I pretty much stalk continental.com for sales and have found some great deals online for accommodations. The fact that I have to earn vacation time at the new job makes me sad that I can’t plan a vacation for the next six months. Next BIG vacation will hopefully either be to either Greece or Germany. Doesn’t drinking beer in Berlin in October sound amazing?! Although, eating gyros in Athens might trump it!
SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO: Popovers! My new homemade bread of choice!