Happy Sunday! I’m trying to stay as connected as possible, so here are some highlights of my time away thus far:
- healthy dining options at the airport: I want to post my DD Flatbread Sandwich review when I can post my pictures. Unfortunately, my camera cord is back home. Sit tight until Saturday friends!
- an on time flight departure and an early flight arrival! Thanks Continental!
- a 3.77 mile jog this morning – not too shabby for a non-runner! Who knew that I was participating in World Run Day?! Maybe there is hope for me and my ever-ongoing 5K dreams…
- treating myself to an ice cream cone with Edy’s Caramel Praline Crunch on the boardwalk: “vanilla frozen yogurt with swirls of caramel and almond praline pieces”. YUM!
- slowly encouraging my husband’s family to eat more veggies: the brother-in-law tried broccoli for the FIRST time tonight! His younger sisters were snacking on baby carrots this afternoon!
TODAY’S POINT OF BALANCE: Have you thought about embracing running as a form of fitness?
- Beginner Level: Cool Running’s Couch to 5K Plan: The very popular starter plan to get you off your bum and to get moving.
- Intermediate Level: already can rock a 5K? Sign up for a Turkey Trot and burn some extra calories on Thanksgiving so you can eat that pumpkin pie!
- Advanced Level: Check out The New York Times’ Well blog when you have decided that it’s Time to Train for Your First Marathon
Make sure to check back each weekday for Motivate Me Week!